Friday, March 12, 2010
The Friday 5 (version 2.0)
I was about to write my review for The Cinderella Society when I realized, "Crap! I left the book at home." So I guess that will have to wait till I get home.
The last time I wrote the Friday 5, I wrote about 5 different things going on in my life. I wanted to change this up a little. Thus, my version of The Friday 5.
What I'm going to do is recommend 5 books or movies I think you guys should check out. Maybe I'll even throw in some I'm looking forward to. Lets go:
1. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy. I just finished this last night and really enjoyed it. I love the message behind it. Girl power, baby! This doesn't release till April 13th, but never fear. Keep your eyes open for a contest.
2. The Ex-Games by Jennifer Echols. Due to some of your recommendations, I downloaded this to my nook. I've been reading bits and pieces on the side. You guys were right. It's great.
3. Fallen by Lauren Kate. I read this when it was first released. A couple of my friends and I were discussing it. I forgot how much I liked it. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it. Southern goth plus fall angels? Made of win!
4. The Ugly Truth (movie; on dvd). This came on Starz and it's HILARIOUS. I mean, it has Gerard Butler! Gerard's character preps Katherine Heigl's character in order to win the man of her dreams. It's rated R so all you kiddies under 17, please ask your parent's permission.
5. Percy Jackson & The Olympians : The Lighting Theif (movie; in theatres). I never read the books (*hangs head in shame*), but maybe that's why I loved the movie so much. My friend Mish did both and hated the movie. I loved the action and Greek mythology. It's like Harry Potter with Greek gods!
That's it. I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday and enjoyed my Friday 5. If you guys decide to do this as well, leave a link in the comments. I'd love to read some of your recommendations.