Friday, March 19, 2010
The Friday Five
Welcome to another edition of The Friday Five! Here's where you'll find 5 book/author/movie recommendations and updates brought to you by, well, me.
And here we go!
1. New Moon (movie/dvd). New Moon releases tomorrow. If you're a Twilight fan, I know you're as excited as I am.
2. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (Book rec). It is FABULOUS. A paranormal romance mixed in with a serial killer and a morbid ability? Made of win. I highly recommend it
3. My Best Friend's Girl (movie rental rec). This movie is rated R, so please please please. Be 17 or up or ask your parent's permission. This movie stars Dane Cook, Kate Hudson and Jason Biggs. It came out in 2008, but I ended up seeing it last night on Showtime. It's hilarious and adorable. If you're a Dane Cook fan, he does not disappoint. And there's a pizza scene in there that reminds me of a certain Dane Cook skit.
4. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This came out last year, but the sequel (Beautiful Darkness) comes out this fall. The sequel's cover was revealed today. It's gorgeous. So, if you have yet to read Beautiful Creatures, you must.
5. The Merry Sisters of Fate. It's a blog with short stories from Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton and Brenna Yovanoff. In one word, brilliant.
And there you have it. Have a great weekend everyone!
Update : I updated my Debut Authors page. For those who don't know, the Debut Authors Challenge (hosted by The Story Siren) invites all people to read at least 12 books from 2010's debut authors. You can check out my update here.