A couple months ago, I had the priveledge of interviewing Jackson Pearce for the Ultimate Reviewers Challenge. I don't know what happened, but for some reason, I never posted the interview!
*hangs head in shame*
Better late than never, right? Please welcome As You Wish and Sisters Red author, Jackson Pearce.
1. What makes Sisters Red different from other books out there?
The five dollar bills I put between the pages to encourage buyers.
2. Sisters Red has two main girls, older sister, Scarlett and the younger sister, Rosie. If you could match each girl up with any literary boy out there, who would you choose and why?
Rosie, well...I don't want to give away the story. Scarlett? I don't know. I don't think Scarlett-- or any woman, for that matter-- needs a match to be a complete person. I don't think there's anyone I WOULD match her up with, because she simply wouldn't love him until SHE was ready, and right now? She isn't. Will she ever be? I don't know. If not, that's cool, if so, that's cool too. I'm bothered when I see reviews that say Scarlett needs a man. You can be a whole, complete person without a hot male lead in your life!
3. For those who have read Sisters Red, we know there will be a sequel (Sweetly) coming out in 2011. Is there anything you can tell us about the sequel?
SWEETLY stars a girl named Gretchen who is running from a lifetime of fears stemming from her twin sister's disappearance years before. She and her older brother run right into a hotbed of those fears though, in the form of a South Carolina chocolatier. It's not a direct sequel to SISTERS RED, but Silas's brother is a starring character!
4. What projects are you currently working on?
Right now I'm working on a historical novel that I'm writing just for fun. I'm having a great time with it-- I'd love to see it sell one day, but if it doesn't, I've really enjoyed writing it!
5. Why do you love bloggers (assuming you do!)?
I love that there are people out there not only reading, but telling people about what they love to read! A book can only make it so far on it's own-- book bloggers help word of mouth spread like wildfire.
Thank you so much, Jackson, for stopping by! And now for the giveaway. I'm giving away an audiobook of Sisters Red. WOO!
- Fill out the FORM.
- This is for US participants only. If you are not from the states, but have a US address to send the prize to, feel free to enter.
- Giveaway ends November 1st.
*sends everyone good juju*