Better Know A Blogger is where we feature and interview bloggers from around the Blogosphere. Today, I couldn't be happier to have Jen from I Read Banned Books on A2N. Please welcome her.
1. What is your name/blogger name?
Believe it or not, my real name is Jen Bigheart. I love having that last name. People can remember me a little easier - I am one in a bazillion Jennifer's.
2. What is the name of your blog:
The blog is called I Read Banned Books because that's what I do!
3. Do you have an auto-buy author, someone whose writing is so good, you have to read everything they write?
I do...several actually. Kelley Armstrong (my daughter's favorite author), Rick Riordan (my other daughter's favorite author), Holly Black, Lois Lowry, and Augusten Burroughs. I know I am missing some writers.
4. Who is your all-time favorite couple in literature? (And/Or favorite male character)
This is super hard. It took me a long time to answer, but I'll say Katniss/Peeta/Gale. Yes, I know that is a threesome, but let's be honest, we wouldn't love them if there wasn't that triangle there.
5. Do you have an e-reader? Do you prefer e-books or regular books, or use both?
My husband bought me the very first Kindle for Christmas. He was watching the Oprah episode where she unveils it and I basically wigged out and cried for it. He ordered it the next day and I was SO happy and surprised at Christmas when I opened it. 3 years later....it has collected dust. I read a few ebooks, but sadly, I love to hold a book. I really should sell it. It is in mint condition...Sidenote: I love audio books!
6. What are your Top 5 picks for the best books of 2010?
No particular order:
Matched by Ally Condie
White Cat by Holly Black
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margi Stohl
The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
7. What book or series has been sitting in your TBR the longest?
Oh geez. I'm gonna get some stank-eye over this, but I'll be honest. Iron Fey, Vampire Academy, and House of Night series. Okay, I will say that I have the last 2 of the Iron Fey series, and I have read the first in the VA and HoN series. I know.....kill me now. I can't read everything!
Thanks, Jen! Be sure to check out her blog, where Jen hosts book tours, writes raving reviews and hosts giveaways!