Better Know A Blogger is feature where we interview bloggers we think you should know. And I definitely think you should know Karen (one of my partners in crime) from For What It's Worth!
1. What is your name/blogger name?
2. What is the name of your blog? (provide link) www.fwiwreviews.net
3. Do you have an auto-buy author, someone whose writing is so good, you have to read every single thing they write? Jeri Smith-Ready, Jeaniene Frost, Ann Aguirre - I will go back and read her entire catalog after finishing her debut YA Enclave! And new to me author Ilona Andrews
4. Who is your all-time favorite couple in literature, and why? (Or favorite male/female character) Wow, too many to pick just one. I love Cat & Bones from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series, Clay & Elena from Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, Ciara & Shane from Jeri Smith Ready's WVMP series. I seriously can't think of them all under pressure!
5. Do you have an e-reader? Do you prefer e-books or regular books, or use both? I have a Kindle and an iPad. I have the Kindle app on my iPad so I use that almost exclusively. I LOVE it! It saves tons of space but I still buy all my favorites in hard copy. I also still browse the bookstores to see what I want to read next. I don't like searching on line. I still like the feel of a book.
Another great thing about the Kindle is that Amazon offers so many books for free. It's a great way to discover a new author or series.
6. What are your Top 5 picks for the best books of 2010?
Split by Swati Avasthi
The Vampire Empire, The Greyfriar Book 1
Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
The Downside Ghost series by Stacia Kane
7. What book or series has been sitting in your TBR the longest?
The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. I read the first book, loved it & bought the whole series but I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. And Rachel Vincent's shifter series (which you have so graciously let me borrow)
8. What's the best thing about blogging and reviewing books? Definitely the friends I've made. I really never expected to interact with so many people so soon after starting my blog. it's been a nice surprise to see how supportive the community is even with non-book related things. I've made some amazing friends this past year!
WE LOVE YOU, KAREN!!!! If you haven't been following For What It's Worth, where have you been?! Karen writes these great, well thought out reviews, hosts AMAZING giveaways, and is an all around amazing person. I love this girl, and you should too!