Hey everyone! Please welcome and join Lindsey Leavitt, author of Princess For Hire, as she discusses her new book, Sean Griswold's Head, as well as her favorite literary couple.
1. Twitter style, please describe Sean Griswold's Head in 140 characters or less.
Ah man--a challenge! I really love the tag line..
What if the love of your life was literally right in front of you?
Which doesn't go into the family dynamics of the story, but... 140 characters! So tough!
2. Sean Griswold's Head sounds like one of those fun yet heartfelt books. Tell me, what was your favorite thing about writing Sean Griswold's Head?
Just what you said, mixing up funny moments with more serious ones. In my own life, I cope with problems using humor, so it was easy to bring that to this story.
3. Are you currently working on any other projects?
I am! I have The Princess for Hire series ending next year, and then a story I just sold called AUTHENTICALLY VINTAGE, about a girl who decides to go vintage - foreswearing 21st century technology and accomplishing the goals her grandma set for herself at 16 - when she discovers her boyfriend cheating on her with a cyber wife in his online Authentic Life game, in the process figuring out the truths and illusions of life and love, both in the nostalgic past and in the very real now. (my agent wrote that. I suck at summaries).
4. Who is your all-time favorite literary couple and swoon-worthy boy?
Ha! I'm actually doing a series this week on paper heartthrobs, and I've asked a few authors to share their answers as well. But one more I love is Archer from HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins. I love me some witty banter/friends first/huge obstacle romances.
5. If you ran into someone at the bookstore and knew they could only buy one book, how would you convince them to pick yours?
Eek! I don't know if I would convince them! Because there ARE so many amazing books out there, and I love being an advocate for books I love.
But since I like to, you know, make money, I'd probably say that everyone can find a bit of their high school selves in this story. And Sean? He's hot.
Special thanks to Lindsey for taking the time to answer a few questions and Kate at Bloomsbury for setting this whole thing up. Also, check out my review of Sean Griswold's Head (great book), where you can enter to win an ARC + bookmark!