Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Better Know A Blogger: Jess From Gone With The Words
Better Know A Blogger is a feature where we interview bloggers we think you should know. Today, please welcome Jess from Gone With The Words (love the blog name!).
1. What is your name/blogger name?
Jess :) (Yes, the smiley is on my driver’s license. Not really.)
2. What is the name of your blog? How did you pick your blog’s name?
Gone with the Words – I held a poll with different suggested names for my blog, and Gone with the Words won! I was so glad it did because it was my favorite, lol.
3. How long have you been blogging? How do you measure blogging success?
I’ve been blogging since January 2011…7 months now! If people like what I’m writing about and I keep getting new followers pretty regularly, then I feel it’s a success.
4. What genres/subgenres do you review, and what do you like best about those genres?
I review pretty much everything, BUT! There are a few that I have no interest in: Non-fiction, Religious fiction, Memoirs/Biographies, and Political fiction. Everything else is fair game.
5. What are you reading right now?
Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik
I LOVE THAT BOOK!!! SOOOO CUTE!!!
6. Do you use social media? (include links to Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc) What book-related things do you choose to tweet/facebook post about?
Do I?!? :D I post everything book related to Twitter and Facebook! On Twitter though, I have a more constant flow of book related gushing. lol
7.What's your favorite place to read?
I love to read in bed...no matter what time of day. Maybe one day I’ll have a more comfortable spot, but right now, nothing tops it.
8. What are the top 5 books in your TBR (To Be read) pile?
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John
Wintertown by Stephen Emond
9. Obligatory controversial question: Love triangles! Love ‘em or hate ‘em, and why?
I don’t mind them, but it’s nice to have books that don’t have them, ya know?! Because in reality, when are we really ever in a love triangle? It’s nice to fantasize about Ren and Shay fighting over me (I would so totally pick Ren, btw), but it’s also really nice to read about couples like Sam and Grace from Shiver, or Jay and Violet from The Body Finder.
10. What's the best thing about blogging and reviewing books?
I love being able to put my feelings into my reviews and have someone say “I FELT THE SAME WAY!” Another great thing is someone telling you they bought such-and-such book because of the review I wrote. Those are really the best feelings ever.
Thanks, Jess, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to come chat with us today. Everyone, be sure to check out Jess' blog for awesome reviews, memes and more!!!