Saturday, August 20, 2011
Better Know A Blogger-Pepa From Anonymous Reads
Better Know A Blogger features bloggers we think you should know. In this edition, please welcome Pepa from Anonymous Reads!
1. What is your name/blogger name?
-My name is Pepa, same as my blogger name.
2. What is the name of your blog? How did you pick your blog’s name?
- The name of my blog is Anonymous Reads. I chose this name because originally, I was going to be reviewing books anonymously. But I decided against that later on because I thought it would be much easier to get involved in the blogging community without being anonymous. I liked the name though, so I decided to keep it.
3. How long have you been blogging? How do you measure blogging success?
-I actually haven't been blogging long. I had my first review up in the beginning of July, so this is all still a little new to me. I'd measure blogging success by the amount of interaction on a blog. If the creator of the blog interacts with his/her followers a lot and has a friendly relationship with his/her followers, I would say it is a success.
4. What genres/subgenres do you review, and what do you like best about those genres?
-I review pretty much anything that is YA. My favorites to review are dytopian and paranormal. What I love about YA is that whatever subgenre you're reading, if it's written well enough, you can connect with the characters and get lost in their world. I think finding characters you can relate to is the best part of reading.
5 What are you reading right now?
-Right now I'm halfway through Wither by Lauren DeStefano, and I'm loving it so far! I can't wait to finish it.
Oooooh, I love Wither!
6. Do you use social media? (include links to Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc) What book-related things do you choose to tweet/facebook post about?
-Yes I do. I use Goodreads, Youtube, and I just made a Twitter so I don't have a lot of posts there yet :P
But I follow a lot of authors on Twitter, as well as some other book bloggers. I'll usually post about upcoming releases, cover reveals, and pretty much anything bookish that I'm excited about. :)
7.What's your favorite place to read?
-On my bed. It's just so comfortable, and I can get lost in the pages that much faster.
That's my favorite place to read, too!
8. What are the top 5 books in your TBR (To Be read) pile?
-Hmm, I had to think about this. Probably some sequels to books that I loved and some other books I've heard a lot of good things about.
-Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
-City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
-Hourglass by Myra McEntire
-Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
-The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
9. Obligatory controversial question: Love triangles! Love ‘em or hate ‘em, and why?
-Ah, love triangles. They seem to be everywhere these days. Personally, I don't like them. I feel that if a girl can't decide between two guys, she'll never be able to fully love the one she eventually chooses, you know? That's just my opinion. I think books without love triangles are a refreshing treat.
10. What's the best thing about blogging and reviewing books?
-I'd have to say all the other bloggers you get to interact with. I've only been blogging for a short while, but already I've been welcomed into the book blogging community by a few people. I think that finding other people to talk to about books that you love and things that you have a common interest in is amazing.
Thank you so much, Pepa, for participating in Better Know A Blogger and the Ultimate Reviewer's Challenge. Everyone, be sure to check out Anonymous Reads for great reviews, memes and so much more!