Thursday, August 25, 2011
Better Know A Blogger: Sarah aka Storybound Girl
Better Know A Blogger features bloggers we think you should know. I'm so happy to introduce to you guys one of my dear friends, Sarah aka Storybound Girl!
1. What is your name/blogger name?
2. What is the name of your blog? How did you pick your blog’s name?
StoryboundGirl.com - It started with the idea to use "Storybound," but that dot com is owned by this creepy looking dude (seriousy, go look). I knew I wanted to use it, so I added "girl"... which I think sort of conveys that I'm reviewing books in a younger age range, even though I'm (ahem) 29.
3. How long have you been blogging? How do you measure blogging success?
My book blog has only been around since May (but I've been blogging in other places & formats since 1998). I measure success by how much I enjoy doing it, really... I've been a big fan of YA for as long as it's been around. Success-wise, I'd say I'm doing pretty well, as I love the whole book blogging community I've suddenly found myself to be a part of and have even made friends with a few local book bloggers (Hi, Lena!). And as someone who reads a lot and is not likely to do a lot of approaching people to make new friends, that's a pretty big deal to me.
4. What genres/subgenres do you review, and what do you like best about those genres?
Contemporary YA is my one true love. I do branch out here there, but I'm much more selective with the non-contemporary books I make the time to read.
5. What are you reading right now?
I'm finishing up The Help. It's a rare non-YA novel for me, but I'm a huge nerd for history and am endlessly interested in the civil rights movement & strong women -- in fiction & life. The book is fantastic & I highly recommend it, especially if you haven't spent a whole lot of time considering what some people went through back then.
6. Do you use social media? (include links to Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc) What book-related things do you choose to tweet/facebook post about?
I'm on Goodreads and I use Twitter for my book blog (@StoryboundGirl) where I link to my reviews, post any book news I find interesting & chat with other book bloggers/lovers. (I have another Twitter account for everything else... pop culture, writing, local stuff, home decor, politics.)
7.What's your favorite place to read?
Stretched out on my couch... I wedge myself into the corner and take up the whole thing.
8. What are the top 5 books in your TBR (To Be read) pile?
- Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- Wintertown by Stephen Emond
- The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle
- Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
9. Obligatory controversial question: Love triangles! Love ‘em or hate ‘em, and why?
Eek! Tough question... Love, I guess, but only if the person I like most isn't the one left out in the end! Ha.
10. What's the best thing about blogging and reviewing books?
I'd be reading every day no matter what, so it's nice to have a place to express my book-love and meet other people with a similar love for books. I especially love when I review a book that hasn't gotten a ton of buzz and someone comments to say they'd never heard of it or didn't know if they'd like it, but plan to find it & read it after seeing my review. And blogging is just fun... writing has always been a big part of my life.
Sarah, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer a few questions for us. Be sure to check out Sarah's blog where she writes incredible reviews, memes and more!