Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is your Top Ten Bookish Confessions. Oh, this might be my favorite thus far! Let's do this!
1. I sometimes skim through a book. I know, I know. This is probably the biggest book offense I can commit, but I'm impatient! Sometimes I just need to know what happens next. *Shame*
2. I have yet to read MOCKINGJAY. I bought it when it first came out, but I haven't read it yet. This is mainly due to the fact that I don't want it to end and partially due to fear that I may not love it. I've also somehow missed all the spoilers, *knocks on wood*. Don't you do it. Don't you spoil it in the comments!
3. Sometimes I start a new book before I've finished the last one. I don't know why I do this. I'll be reading a contemporary novel, and then decide I want to read something paranormal. Eventually I'll finish both books, but still.
4. I buy books ALL THE TIME and never find the time to read them. I have books I purchased last year that I still haven't read. And yet, I still continue to buy books all the live long day. O_O
5. Of the books I do buy and read, I sometimes don't review them. Let's be honest, blogging can feels like a job and every now and then, a little guilty pleasure is in order. In my case, this usually involves a latte (or tea or wine!), a cupcake, and a book. It just feels good to read something for me and not for everyone else.
6. I judge a book by it's cover. I know, the #1 book sin, and I commit it. The superficial book lover in me can't help me. She likes the pretty ones!
7. I can't stand it when people say rude, inappropriate, and personal things about an author in their review. Lets judge a book by it's content, not the author.
8. I also dislike people who "review" a book before reading it. This is leaning more towards Goodreads than the blogging world. Why do people judge books they haven't read? Whether it's 5 stars or 1 star, I think people should judge a book by it's content and not because they love or dislike the last book by the author or even the author her/himself.
9. I suck, suck, suck at leaving comments. Work + personal life often = to no blogging time. I basically have one day where I can leave comments and will hit up as many blogs as possible. Sometimes that just isn't enough. I've been working on this though!
10. I post a lot of things last minute or at work. I'm doing this right now!
And those are my confessions. Please forgive me for my sins! What are your biggest confessions?