Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies at The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is the Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet. Only ten? TEN?!?!? Okay, let's give this a go!
1. Jennifer Echols. Because I totally heart her and her books. Seriously, I must meet the woman who wrote GOING TOO FAR and SUCH A RUSH. Did you hear she wrote a hot contemporary romance? Add STAR CROSSED to your reading lists! Anywho, Texas. You.
2. Jeri Smith-Ready. The woman created Zach. ZACH! Plus she has awesome taste in music! Let's rock out!
3. Tori from The Book Faery. I totally heart this girl. It's about time we meet and eat and get fat and attempt Zumba while feeling like a stuffed turkey.
4. Alexa from Alexa Loves Books. She's my sista from anotha mista! Seriously, we're even the same shoe size. I mean, COME ON!
5. J.K. Rowling. My dream date (yes, I'm saying date, heh) would be going to Hogwarts in Orlando and drinking butter beer with this lady at The Three Broomsticks. Love her!
6. Tiger, Catie, Sandy, and Andrea. Yes, I grouped them all together. I've known these girls long before blogging and totally heart them. I miss our Skype dates, but hopefully we'll get to meet someday.
7. Elsie Chapman. I love talking to this lady on Twitter. We may or may not be crazy cat women. Everyone should add DUALED to their wish list. Though I haven't read it, just getting to know Elsie makes me want to like whoa.
8. Melina Marchetta. Ever since I picked up SAVING FRANCESCA, I have utterly been in love with Melina's writing. Her books are powerful and beautiful and many other words that end with ful. Please, come to Texas.
9. Megan McCafferty. This lady is brilliant. I interviewed her last year for the URC and loved every answer she gave me. Did you hear she's creating a middle-grade prequel to the Jessica Darling series? I think it starts off with the summer before 7th grade. GLEEEEE!!! Will there be a little Marcus Flutie in there? One can only hope.
10. Courtney Allison Moulton. I have the worst luck when it comes to Courtney. When she's in Texas, I am out of town. What is up with that? Can we PLEASE make this happen? PLEASE?!
11. Courtney Summers. I'm sorry, I can't narrow this down to ten. I have to have Courtney Summers on my list. She's simply amazing. Her books, her photography, all of it makes her the awesome person she is and many of the reasons I'd like to meet her some day.