Thursday, December 20, 2012
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Add Easy To Your Christmas List (And a giveaway!)
5. A kick-butt (literally and metaphorically) protagonist. Are you sick books where the leading lady needs to be helped or rescued? Cinderella is great and all, but don't you want your main character to be more like Danielle from Ever After? Well, well, well, you'll be interested to know that Jacqueline from EASY is far from your average damsel in distress. She's the type of main character that will stand up for what she believes in and fight back, regardless of what other people think. Will she need a little bit of saving? Maybe every now and then but that doesn't mean this girl doesn't have some spunk in her, too. I hear she has a mean right hook. Just saying.
4. Lovable and relatable characters. Have you ever read a book where the main character, love interest, or best friend completely got on your nerves? Rest assure, because the characters your suppose to love are easy to fall for. I'm torn between who I love more, Jacqueline, Lucas, Erin, or Benji.
3. Lucas- The ultimate swoon-worthy guy. "“I noticed you the first week. Not just because of how pretty you are, though of course, that played into it. It was the way you lean onto your elbows when you 're listening in class, when something catches your interest. And when you laugh, it's never to get attention, it's just-laughter. The way you obssevively tuck your hair behind your ear on the left side, but let the right side fall down like a screen. And when you 're bored, you tap your foot soundlessly and move your fingers on the desktop like you 're playing an instrument. I wanted to sketch you.'" Whoa...whoa.
2. Unputdownable. Blogger is insisting unputdownable isn't a "real" word, but I'm saying it is! If any book in the history of books were ever to be considering unputdownable, it's EASY. Seriously, who doesn't love a book that not only offers delicious dialogue but also has fun text messages and emails? To me, it gives the story line a bit more character than let's say your average contemp. The only complaint I have is that this book doesn't come with a warning label. Warning: You will most likely accomplish nothing until you finish this book and even then, you'll be daydreaming about Lucas until you cave and read it again.
1. Brilliant. It simply is. From the writing to the context and everything under the sun, EASY was all I could ask for and so much more. It's truly the perfect escape from reality and also reminds us all to stay safe and possibly invest in some kickboxing lessons. Remember ladies, go for the crotch. Tammara Webber, you totally get me.
With all this said, be sure to add EASY by Tammara Webber on your Christmas lists. You'll regret it if you don't.
Want to win a copy? Thanks to the fabulous people at Berkley Trade, I'm giving away a copy! All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter form below. This giveaway is only open to US participants and ends January 6th.
Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
a Rafflecopter giveaway