Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Top Ten Reading Goals For 2013
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is your Top Ten Reading Goals For 2013. Hmm, I don't know if I have ten, but let's see!
1. Read at least 50 books this year. I normally go for 100, but I already know I have a ton of personal things going on this year.
2. Read 13 books by debut authors. I adore debut authors. Fresh new voices? Love them!
3. Finally read MOCKINGJAY. I think I've put it off for long enough.
4. Read REQUIEM and the last book in the DIVERGENT series. As you can see, I'm really bad about finishing a series mostly because I don't want it to end. I want to remedy this, and I want to do that with these two books.
5. Read at least 10 books I've purchased that have been sitting on my shelves for ages. I don't know about you, but I have TONS of books I've bought yet haven't read.
6. Review all 50 books I read this year. I can do this...I can do this...
7. Mark all of my favorite quotes. I bought these translucent sticky tabs and still haven't really used them. How fun would it be to mark your favorite quotes and reread them when you're having a bad day?
8. Read one biography/nonfiction book. I NEVER read nonfiction books. It'd be nice to actually read one and see if I might actually like it.
9. Read more adult/new adult novels. I read so much YA that sometimes I forget about the adult books out there. For example, I just finished reading GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn. Holy cow! Blew my mind. Am I cool girl? Am I really loved?
10. Finish every book I start, even if I don't like it. I admit, sometimes I'm a quitter. After I read 100 pages, I tend to decide whether I'm in it for the long haul or over it. I don't want to do that anymore. I want to give every book a chance and actually finish them. Who knows what I've been missing out on, right?
Those are my reading goals, folks! What goals are you guys setting for yourselves? Let me know!