Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the top ten authors who deserve more recognition. Y'all, I LOOOOOOVE this topic. Can I narrow this list down to ten? We shall see!
1. Miranda Kenneally (Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget, Racing Savannah)- You guys, I cannot tell you how much I look forward to Miranda's books every year. They're hilarious, full of swoon, and get better and better with each new book. Pretty sure RACING SAVANNAH is my favorite thus far...and pretty sure I'll die of anticipation before her next one comes out.
2. Stasia Ward Kehoe (Audition)- So I definitely have a soft spot for books written in verse. What can I say? I love them, and AUDITION is definitely on that love list. So good you guys.
3. Tom Leveen (Party, Zero, ManicPixieDreamGirl, Sick)- It pains me when I tell people how much I love Tom Leveen's books, and they reply "Who?". Seriously, this guy writes some sick (pun intended) books. He just knows how teenage boys and girls act and writes them so perfectly. Plus, his books are UNIQUE! Word.
4. Fiona Paul (Venom, Belladonna, etc.). I can't believe there are people out there who haven't read VENOM. Do you know how awesome it is? Do you know how gorgeous this book is or how stunning the setting is? Cause you should. I remember speaking with Erin from Penguin, and we talked about how much we both loved VENOM. She said they're remarketing the covers because it didn't do as well as they originally thought. BTW, the new covers? BEAUTIFUL!
5. Holly Goldberg Sloan (I'll Be There, Couting By 7s). If you haven't read I'LL BE THERE yet, you should. Beautifully written novel that will make you think, dream, and wonder days after the book is over. So many feels!
6. April Lindner (Jane, Catherine, etc.)- Y'all, JANE and CATHERINE are two of the best modernized retellings of classics I have ever read. The writing! Oh, how the writing won me over in just a matter of pages. More, please!
7. A.S. King (Please Ignore Vera Dietz, Everybody Sees The Ants, Ask The Passengers, Reality Boy, etc.) - If A.S. King is ever signing in your area, go! Spend some time with her and talk to her. Only then will you completely comprehend what a genius she truly is (as if you didn't already know from her books).
8. Jessica Warman (Between, Where The Truth Lies, Breathless, Beautiful Lies, etc.) - So I'm totally bummed Jessica doesn't have a book coming out this year. Her books are the perfect mix of complex emotions and lovely writing. Le sigh, maybe next year!
9. Jennifer R. Hubbard (The Secret Year, Try Not To Breathe, Until It Hurts To Stop, etc)- Good lawd, how I love this woman's writing. Thanks for constantly breaking heart and healing it! Loved every minute of it.
10. Courtney Summers (Cracked Up To Be, Some Girls Are, Fall For Anything, This Is Not A Test, All The Rage)- I would read anything and everything that Courtney Summers writes. In fact, I have read everything (that's released) by Courtney Summers and can honestly tell you I loved them all.
What authors do you guys think deserve more recognition?