Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Top Ten Best/Worst Book To Movie Adaptation
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at the Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the top ten best/worst book to movie adaptations. Woot woot, let's do this!
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1 and 2). I dare you to tell me you didn't shed any tears.
2. The Notebook. I watched the movie first and immediately read the book after. Honestly, the book wasn't as good as the movie. So weird when that happens.
3. Breaking Dawn Part 2. Okay, I seriously loved this ending more than the book's. Fo 'sho.
4. The Hunger Games. I kind of felt bad for the people who didn't read the book prior to the movie. It was probably very confusing for them, but I thought the movie was fantastic. Loved it!
5. The Perks of Being A Wallflower. Seriously...love the book, love the movie!
1. The Host. I only read half of the book (before I gave up on it), but the movie was just way too cheesy for my taste. So awkward!
2. Beautiful Creatures. So disappointed in this one! They changed too much of the story line which apparently also included combining two characters into one. Le sigh.
3. Twilight. Yes, the original Twilight. I think the movies progressively got better, but I don't think I'll ever be able to sit through the first one again.
4. Alice In Wonderland. The Johnny Depp version, not the Disney one. Ya know, the one based on THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS. Anyway, I thought the movie was visually appealing, but that's it. Oh well, maybe next time!
5. Percy Jackson & the Olympians- The Lightning Thief. Technically, I somehow enjoyed the movie but was annoyed they changed so much of the story line. From what I can tell, Sea of Monsters will be much better.
What are some of your picks for the best/worst book to movie adaptations?