Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Top Ten Words/Topics That Make Me Not Pick Up A Book
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. As you can see, this week's topic is the top ten words/topics that make me not pick up a book. I'm not sure if I can pick ten, but lets give it a shot!
1. Cheating. When I first started blogging and reading again, I didn't think much about cheating. Love is love, right? Wrong. As I got older, I started hating the topic more and more. It's just not right to lead someone on, especially when he/she is in love with you. Nowadays, if I see the word "cheating", I can't help but be slightly disgusted by it. Bleh.
2. Anorexia/Bulimia. WINTERGIRLS is the only exception I've ever made. Honestly, I just can't relate to it. I hate throwing up. It's the worst. Plus, I love food too much not to eat. I know it's an issue out there, especially amongst teens, and people should definitely read about it, but it's just not for me.
3. Threesome. Uhh, no thanks!
4. Vampires/Werewolves. I'm just burnt out right now. Doesn't mean I won't watch True Blood or The Vampire Diaries.
5. Abusive Parents. I just can't. I end up getting so angry to the point where it ruins the book for me.
6. People not using protection during "intimacy time". Sorry but once I see this, I'm pretty much done with the book. I know it happens and people get lost in the moment, but I truly believe all authors/movies should promote safe sex ESPECIALLY when writing to a younger crowd.
Okay, that's all I can think of. Honestly, I'll most likely give all things a shot, but these few topics are ones I try to avoid. What words/topics do you try to avoid?