Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For
I'M BACK! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at THE BROKE AND THE BOOKISH. This post will be all about the debut authors of 2014. I swear, every year there's a debut author out there with a book so incredible that I end up putting them on my auto-buy list. I'm cursed to forever be poor. Oh well, at least my bookshelves will be filled with fabulousness. Anywho, ready? Let's go!
1. SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY by Julie Murphy. Ever since I've heard about this book, I knew I had to get my hands on it. Everyone who has read it constantly tells me how good it is. On top of that, Julie is from Texas. As a fellow Texas gal, I must support a hometown (state?) girl!
2. WISH YOU WERE ITALIAN by Kristin Rae. Another Texas author! The cover is gorgeous and the summary sounds so much fun. It also helps that I know Kristin and adore her.
3. POINTE by Brandy Colbert. Ballet? Kidnapping? Seriously effed up scenerio? All that AND a gorgeous cover? Yes, please!
4. Salvage by Alexandra Duncan. To be fair, I'm not positive as to whether or not Alexandra is a debut author. I think she has written some graphic novels? At any rate, this book sounds amazeballs, and I can't help but lust over the cover. Wow!
5. ASK AGAIN LATER by Liz Czukas. Flipping a coin to decide who you're going to date (Jock or theater geek) and getting the chance to live out both dates? I'm intrigued!
6. PRISONER OF NIGHT AND FOG by Anne Blankman. This is a book about a girl who just happens to be Adolf Hitler's niece. So. Much. Win.
7. VIVIAN DIVINE IS DEAD by Lauren Sabel. Who hasn't wanted to be famous at least once in their lives? What if you were but ended up having to run for your life. This one is about a teen celebrity who receives a death threat and finds out everything in her life is a lie.
8. THE HALF LIFE OF MOLLY PIERCE by Katrina Leno. You had me at alternate personality. I can't even imagine not knowing about having not only an alternate personality but an alternate life. I need this book in my life already!
9. HALF BAD by Sally Green. First of all, have you seen the cover for this book? If not, you need to. It's eerie, simple yet complex and so perfect for the summary. White witches, black witches, humans, and a beaten caged boy who's stuck in the middle of it all. Cannot wait!
10. 17 FIRST KISSES by Rachael Allen. I always love books about girls being torn between friendship and a boy. Maybe it's the drama or the complexities, but I will continue to buy, read, and love them. Thus, I'm very much looking forward to this novel!
There you have it! Take a gander, add them to your list, and anticipate the awesomeness that is to come.
BOOK DEAL ALERT!
On a really random note, for those who want to buy a book but are feeling poor because of the holidays, Book Outlet is currently having an epic promotion. You can get $5 off any book using the code "LOVEBOOKOUTLET" (no minimum purchase). It doesn't sound like much but let me tell you right now, most of the books at BO are already less than $5. You're basically paying $3.99 for a free book. I've purchased books from them when they were Book Closeout, and they're awesome. The quality of the books reminds me of "Like New" books from places like Half-Priced Books. On top of that, they have a fantastic YA selection and even have signed editions of certain books. What are you waiting for? Go get you some!