Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Top Ten I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the top ten reasons why I love being a blogger/reader. Only ten? Hmm, let's give it a go!
1. Friends/Other Bloggers. Seriously, the blogging community is amazing. I've made so many friends who I can honestly say will be my friends for a lifetime. We share a passion for books and writing, and it's rare to find someone, let alone a group of people, you can mesh so well with. Without blogging, I never would have known my blogging BFF Karen or Cynthia, Ginger, Jess, Alexa, and all of you other people I know I'm leaving out but am tired and can't remember. I LOVE YOU ALL LIKE WHOA!
2. Awesome publishers. For real, every publicists I've ever worked with has been insanely kind, understanding, and just fantastic in general. I have never worked with such a fun group of people who are so insanely passionate. I love talking to them and love it even more when they give me book recommendations. If they're recommending it, you know it's going to be good!
3. Bookish events. I never even knew events like TLA, Teen Book Con, ALA, BEA, or any of the other various events existed. Though I love books, I love meeting new people more, especially when it's someone I talk to online but haven't met in person (*ahem*, Bekky from Stories & Sweeties). There are still so many bloggers I need to meet and know I will in the future!
4. Book Recommendations. No one knows books like other bloggers. You guys have both cost me a lot of money and saved me some as well.
5. Being "In the loop". I have never been so in the loop in my life. When I'm not on Twitter or various other social media devices, I'm out of it, but for the most part, I love knowing about awesome book releases, signings, Twitter parties, etc.
6. Meeting Authors. Authors really are my rockstars. I love meeting them at signings and honestly wouldn't know about whether they're in my town or not if I weren't a blogger.
7. Books. I can't help but mention it. When I originally started blogging, I had no idea what an ARC was. I'd still be blogging even if I never received ARCs or eARCs, but it's definitely a perk. I can't help but feel incredibly grateful for all of the awesome people who have either loaned me or sent me books these past few years. Best friends ever! Also, I've never owned so many signed books in my life. I would be a fairly rich lady had I not spent so much money on books, but my life would have been very lonely and sad.
8. Escape. This falls under the reading category. I work a very, VERY stressful job and often need an outlet. Reading is my outlet. It helps me escape from the meager every day events and number crunching.
9. Swoony boys and gals. Nothing is better than falling in love with a book boy or girlfriend. I love being able to relate to a female lead, and I love it even more when the boy is everything I look for in a love interest (Hello, Lucas from EASY).
10. Magic. This applies to both fantasy and contemporary novels. I love reading about magical powers. It's that whole wishing I could do that element. I also love having that magical connection you can sometimes only find with a well-written protagonist.
There are still plenty of other reasons why I love being a blogger/reader, but these are my top ten. What are some of the reasons you love being a blogger/reader?