Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Top Ten Books About Friendship
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is your Top Ten Books About Friendship. I seriously LOVE this topic! Here we go!
1. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. Essentially, this book is about grieving and the things that help us not necessarily move on but cope. While this is also more of a romance novel, the friendship Amy and Roger developed along the way is one of my all time favorites.
2. Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando. Anyone who went to college and took the "potluck" path knows what it's like to move in with an essentially total stranger and try to develop a lasting friendship with him/her. I can personally relate to this novel on so many levels. My roommate my freshman year was a complete nightmare (she actually stole my stuff and claimed they were her's), but my suitemates? Still two of my best friends to date. They were actually bridesmaids in my wedding. :)
3. Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor. Proof that not all books about friendship are fluff, but it doesn't make them any less beautiful. Have a box of tissues ready!
4. Into The Deep by Samantha Young. Everyone should either have a friend like Charley, Claudia, or Lowe. Though the romance and angst in this novel is fantastic, the friendships are what make this book spectacular.
5. Tease by Amanda Maciel. Not all friendships are good. Some are insanely toxic, and this novel explores that plus bullying and all sorts of things that will make you cringe.
6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I really shouldn't have to explain why this is on my list. The friendships are amazing, and the romance is to die for!
7. Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski. This book is HILARIOUS and has the best friendships. There's even a thing involving cats. CATS!
8. A Match Made In High School by Kristin Walker. Another hilarious novel to add to your collection. I swear, there's something about school nerds and popular guys building a possible friendship that I can't help but love. I'm telling you, I laughed out loud a good number of times, and I think you will too!
9. From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas. A gay best friend who is so funny, I almost spat my latte all over this book? Yeah, expect lots of awesomeness.
10. Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham. What can I say? I love books about road trips and friendship. Plus, this one involves MUSIC. Hello, road trip to see a band reunion. Can you smell the win wafting off of it? Exactly.
There you have it! Going through my "read" list on Goodreads to find some of these lost treasures was more fun than I'd like to admit. What books were on your list?