Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Top Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Hooray! The humidity is here in Texas which can only mean one thing: Summa-Summer tiiiiiime. Whee! This week's topic is the top ten books that will be in my beach bag this summer. Here we go!
1. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. I am insanely excited about this book. All I've heard are good things about it, and I can't wait to dig in. Rawr!
2. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I have loved each and every one of Morgan's books thus far, so I already know I'll love this one. Look at the cover. Just look at it! It screams summer book.
3. Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae. I've been putting off buying/reading this book only because I've missed Kristin's first few signings and am waiting for her next one in June. Hello, trip to Italy. The title should really be Wish I Was Going To Italy. Alas, I shall just live vicariously through Pippa.
4. 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen. For fans of Sarah Ockler and Stephanie Perkins? Done.
5. Blind Spot For Boys by Justina Chen. I do, in fact, have a blind spot for boys. ;-)
6. Wildflower by Alecia Whitaker. Country music, rising stardom, and a boy. Need I say more?
7. Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally. I basically want to live and grow up in Tennessee and Hundred Oaks. It doesn't help that this book involves running, and I've recently (in the past two years) fell in love with running again. The burn in my lungs, the wind in my hair, the book in my hands... Summer perfection!
8. All Lined Up by Cora Carmack. My blogging bestie Karen from For What It's Worth recommended this to me, and since I love Cora's other novels, I had to have it. This screams Friday Night Lights and being from Texas, I love me some football. Cannot wait to tear through this!
9. Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly. Mermaids, war, and royalty. Where can you go wrong?
10. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson. Of all the books I'm most excited about this year, this one is easily in the top five. I absolutely adored THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE and have been waiting years (literally!) for Nelson's next novel. Eep! This will definitely be in my honeymoon beach bag and will infinitely give me the sun. :)
There you have it, folks! Some summery, some fantasy, and a touch of realistic contemp mixed into a bag of pure beachy fun! What books are in your summer beach bag?